Sunday, April 20, 2008

Inspiration

Quote for today

"Inspiration follows aspiration."– Rabindranath Tagore

I was intrigued by the quote, and warmed by it too. I looked up the words in the quote:

in·spi·ra·tion
[in-spuh-rey-shuh n]
noun
1. arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or creativity
2. a product of your creative thinking and work; "he had little respect for the inspirations of other artists"; "after years of work his brainchild was a tangible reality"
3. a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
as·pi·ra·tion
[as-puh-rey-shuhn]
noun
1. strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition: intellectual aspirations.
2. a goal or objective desired: The presidency is the traditional aspiration of young American boys.
3. act of aspirating; breath.
I have always thought that I knew what inspiration was/is . . .until I looked it up. It really is much more than I thought it was/is.
I knew aspiration was breathing, but couldn't figure out how it fit in with this quote. I know now, that it is breathing - breathing in all the hopes and dreams and making them reality.
It makes me smile . . .I will remember this quote and think about it often.

Check in tomorrow - I will be having my first "bloggy giveaway"!

Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival Button

Until Next Time!




No comments: