Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions - Resolutions!





(sisters photo - reminds me of the wonderful blogging sisters! graphic from the graphic fairy)

Thought I would tell you a little something else I want to do this year.  Leah from CED blog wrote about Christine Kane, and shared Christines blog.  I have enjoyed reading and have decided to choose a word to help guide me this year as I continue in the CED challenge. 


I have chosen the word "continue" (below is the dictionary definition of the word).  Definitions 1 and 2 have really spoken to me.  I am very good at beginning . . .not so good at going on.  My self esteem gets in the way and says "this isn't good enough, so lets quit.  Can't get "hurt" if you quit"  Such a hard thing to break, and yet I want to make it my goal this year to continue even if I don't like my creation, or if I feel foolish all of the sudden.  It is a good word, and to think of the definition each day, will help me to keep on going on.  *smile*

Thank you Leah, and Thank you Christine for the inspiration to try!


Continue:



verb,
-ued, -u⋅ing.
–verb (used without object)
1. to go on after suspension or interruption: The program continued after an intermission.
2. to go on or keep on, as in some course or action; extend: The road continues for three miles.
3. to last or endure: The strike continued for two months.
4. to remain in a particular state or capacity: The general agreed to continue in command of the army.
5. to remain in a place; abide; stay: Let us continue in this house forever.

–verb (used with object)
6. to go on with or persist in: to continue an action.
7. to carry on from the point of suspension or interruption: He continued the concert after the latecomers were seated.
8. to extend from one point to another in space; prolong.
9. to say in continuation.
10. to cause to last or endure; maintain or retain, as in a position.
11. to carry over, postpone, or adjourn; keep pending, as a legal proceeding.

Origin:
1300–50; ME (< AF) < L continuāre to make all one, v. deriv. of continuus continuous





Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

No comments: